gladiolais

I live in clarksville tx. Near Texarkana. What do I do with my Bulbs now that they are done blooming?

Red River County Texas

Once your Gladiolus have finished flowering this summer, remove the individual flowers as they fade and cut the flower stalks back once all the flowers have died. Leave the foliage intact to mature and rejuvenate the underground corm for next year.

To save gladiolus corms for next year, dig the corms after the foliage has dried in late summer or fall. Remove the soil and snap off the dead tops. The old or original corm may be removed and discarded at this time. Spread the corms out on the garage or storage-room floor and allow to dry for 3 to 4 days. Place the corms in boxes with dry peat moss or sawdust. If a large number is involved, make some boxes that are 3 to 4 inches deep with bottoms made of hardware cloth. Store in a dry, cool place at a temperature of 45 to 50 degrees F. Check them periodically during the winter for signs of rotting or rodent damage, and discard those affected.