What is wrong with my Hydrangea?

Hi, My hydrangeas are not faring well this year - they have brown edges on the leafs and the flowers are not a full head. There is a lot of new growth low to the ground. I took a few photos. Is there something I can do for them, or something I might have done that caused this? I trimmed them last year I think, but other than that, I don't touch them. Thank you!

Baltimore Maryland shrubs hydranagea

Hydrangeas, especially bigleaf hydrangeas, flower on the previous season's wood and can be susceptible to cold damage. This past winter was cold and we also had a late spring frost which affected the leaf and flower buds. Bloom can be minimal or nonexistent. Some of the newer cultivars like “Endless Summer” bloom on both old and new wood, so if winter damaged, you may have summer blooms.
We also had a lot of rain this spring and then the plants were subject to a dry period. Hydrangeas grow best in morning sun and afternoon shade. They also like a well drained soil that is kept evenly moist. All you can do is monitor your plants. Mulch lightly with an organic mulch no more than several inches to conserve moisture. Keep mulch away from the base of the stems and water during dry periods. mh