RoundUp Application & Hydrangeas

Recently, I had a landscape company out to do weeding and mulching around the house and in several flower beds. They told me that they would be using RoundUp and assured me that it was safe and would not hurt any of the shrubs. That was less than two weeks ago and now I notice the two lilac bushes seem to be dying and several of my hydrangeas now are getting brown leaves. They all looked fine until about a week ago. I blame the RoundUp. Is there anything I can do? Thanks for your help. Laura M

Harford County Maryland

If you suspect herbicide, you should contact the landscape company and put them on notice. Private landscape companies are licensed with the MDA and have their pesticide applicators licensed listed on their trucks. Round up will kill plants within 10 days. Depending on the amount of material absorbed by the plant,it may recover.

ro