no blooms

I have a lavender dwarf wisteria. It is about 3 years old now and I've not had a bloom yet. Actually, I saw 2 baby blooms this spring and I got excited only to find that was going to be it for the season. Please tell me what I am doing wrong or not doing. Outside of no blooms the tree looks to be plenty healthy. I gave it some compost tea about 6 weeks ago but have not fertilized it with anything else to date.

Franklin County Ohio soil amendments wisteria horticulture

You have chosen a beautiful plant the is deer resistant and is relatively low maintenance. The University of Illinois Plant Palette has some suggestions which may help, particularly the paragraph which states " Whether growing a Wisteria "tree" or not, Wisteria need regular pruning to restrain their vigorous growth and promote flowering. One of the biggest complaints gardeners have about Wisteria is failure to flower. Fairly drastic summer and a more gentle late winter pruning of Wisteria is one practice that will encourage flowering. " There are other factors to consider and you may wish to read the entire article by Jennifer Schultz Nelson list under The University of Illinois Plant Palette.