The blueberry plant is several yrs old now. I just noticed the leaves of this...

The blueberry plant is several yrs old now. I just noticed the leaves of this plant is drying up and dying for a week now. One half of the plant's leaves are now dead. They are in a full sunny area, and watered good. I gave fertilizer this week. So how can I revive the blueberry plant to normalcy? Is it contageous to the other blueberry plants?

Montgomery County Maryland fruit containers stress blueberry

The blueberry plants in the containers look stressed. The plants are dealing with containers that are too small, heat( the containers are sitting on concrete), possible lack of moisture, etc.
Blueberries have a shallow root system and are devoid of root hairs. This makes them very sensitive to changing water and soil conditions. In containers you will have to pay attention to watering and may require watering every day depending upon hot summer temperatures and the soil conditions. In small containers the roots can heat up and they can be affected. The plants will also need winter protection because the roots will be susceptible to freezing temperatures.

You will have to make some decisions. Blueberries grow best in the ground. If you have a location to plant them, you may want to do this. Blueberries like an acidic soil high in organic matter, attention to moisture, and mulch. They also appreciate some light afternoon shade.
If you do not plant in the ground, you should transplant into larger containers about 5 gallons. Make sure the containers have good drainage. See our fruit profile on blueberries for more information and planting http://extension.umd.edu/growit/fruit-profiles/blueberries