Liming

I have tomato's 2 months old and they are only 2 to 2 in a half foot tall. I mixed 60 to 70 percent cotton hull compost and the rest garden soil. Without a soil test I was going to see if I add lime to see if that's why they are growing slowly would help. I use tomato tone but I don't think my Tom is absorbing it. I would like to just test one plant to see how it goes. I'm doing this on my own free will. I have pellitized lime and was wondering how much to put around one plant to test it. And also do you have any advice on this problem

Carter County Missouri

Do not add lime if you do not have a soil test that indicates a need. If you want to find out if your tomato are lacking a nutrient then you can do a tissue test (remove leaves) and send that off for analysis of the nutrients that are actually in the plant.
Many have added lime without a need shown from a soil test and later find out that the pH is too high because they have added too much lime.