Pine Tree

Hi, our Pine tree was small when we moved into our house 12 years ago, and now it's very tall. Has been fine all these years...but last week I notice it was completely brown, I guess except for the very top which may still be a little green - I can't really see way up there. I don't see any spots on it....just looks very sparse and very brown :( I don't know what kind of pine it is, and nothing has changed at our house...my question is, is there a chance it will come back? If not, I will need to take it down, but I don't want to unless there's no way it can recover from this...any info would be helpful! Also, there are no other pines in our yard, but others on our road have pine trees and they are fine. Thanks

Chisago County Minnesota trees and shrubs pine trees

It's very unlikely that the tree will recover if most of the needles have turned brown. However, if you are uncertain, asking a certified arborist or forester to assess the tree's health onsite is the best way to determine whether the tree should be removed.