What type of plant is this?

Hi there!

I've been trying to expand my garden on a budget, so while I was out in the parking lot earlier, I pulled a couple of stems up from a pruned off/dead root. All of a sudden, I'm super worried about whether it's poison sumac, though. Pretty common here.

It starts off purplish, turns green and the leaves grow skinnier as it grows older. It has a long stem connected to the original planting/root/weed through the fence. My guess is some type of shrub? But it's pretty, so I'd love to propagate it. If you have any ideas, please let me know!

Thank you!

Baltimore Maryland

We cannot identify the tree from your photos but does not look like poison sumac. It Looks like the tree may have a virus or possibly some type of herbicide damage.
You may want to submit other photos of the tree. Be sure to
include a 12-24” branch with leaves, flowers, fruit or seed pods as well as a photo of entire plant, if possible. We would like to see if the leaves are alternate or opposite. Has this plant ever flowered? You may need to wait and see if the plant flowers for an accurate identification.