Tree Roots

My neighbor has requested the removal of two of my old maple trees. She believes that the roots in her sewer line are coming from my trees. Is there an expert who can evaluate the environmental impact (soil erosion) that will occur if I remove the trees? The attached image depicts the concerned property. My two trees at the bottom of the photo are in question as my unit is on the corner nearest the trees. Thank you, Sharon B. Juli

Washington County Pennsylvania

The best thing to do is call a registered arborist to get an expert opinion. Here is a link to the International Society of Arboriculture people finder to help you find one nearby. Maples are not known as invasive regarding sewer and water lines, but the arborist can tell you what to do while saving your tree.
If you may be able to get an opinion from your district DCNR forester. I don't think it would carry the same weight, but he might be willing to speak to you and your neighbor about the tree.
There may be a recommendation regarding root pruning. Here is a link to an extensive article from the Morris Arboritum than may help you.

Thank you, Eileen. I will follow your good suggestions.
Best,
Sharon