Can I trick a program to look like I have a core i3 processor installed?

This because a new version of a program doesn't support such one. My actual is a Core 2 Duo processor with windows 7 pro. No success with another pc with windows 8 also. If I overclock it will improve? I can't buy a new PC by now.

Outside United States technology

Which program are you trying to run? It's possible that the new version of the program takes advantage of instruction sets (like AVX vector acceleration or AES encryption protocols) that are only available on newer processors. Unfortunately, overclocking won't unlock these instruction sets. I can't really say without knowing the application in question.

Hi. I am trying to use Corel Draw X8.
Thank you for your time
Ed.

Hi Ed,

The manufacturer's website only lists Intel Core i3/5/7 and AMD Athlon 64 processors as being compatible. Corel Draw X8 must be taking advantage of newer instruction sets on these processors in a non-optional way.

Your choices are:

• Downgrade to a previous version of Corel Draw that is compatible with your Core 2 Duo processor.
  • Upgrade your computer to a Intel Core i3/5/7 or an AMD Athlon 64 processor.
  • Use another program that can open the files that you're trying to edit, like Inkscape or Photoshop.
Best of luck,
Alan

That was my fear, but thank you for your time for help.