Want to Improve Typing Speed

Hi, I have been using computers for about 10 years now and have good typing speed of around 30-35 words per minute. However I want to improve my speed to around 45 word per minute in next 2-3 months. I do not use 10 fingers while typing yet i am able to type well. But since i want to improve my speed, so want to ask the expert, should i start using 10 fingers? I will have to start from zero if I start using ten fingers now. So my question is should i start everything from zero again or continue using limited fingers and try to improve my speed? or is it like one can not improve speed without using all fingers.

Outside United States computer literacy

Thank you for your question!

I think you may have to align your fingers on the home keys and use the proper finger placement to attain a higher WPM speed.

Please use your favorite search engine to look for "typing tutorial correct finger placement" as your search string (or similar phrase).

You'll find numerous "hits" for websites that can guide you through how to place your fingers, basic typing, and then more advanced typing drills. Good luck!