Needle cast on residential pine tree

My tree professionals diagnosed one of my 30 foot pine trees with needle cast. It is advanced and has been present and spreading over the last three years. This year it is really bad and covers 1/4 to 1/3 of the tree. I am wondering if I can save it with a fungicide myself, should I get professional help, or will the tree not come back? The lower branches are covered nearly from the trunk to the tip. It is also spreading to other trees now. If I could spray myself, any recommendations of what to use and how frequently to spray?

Dakota County Minnesota evergreens needle cast pine tree health

Thank you for the question. Trees as large and as badly affected such as yours require professional certified arborist evaluation. These experts can evaluate the validity of the diagnosis and help you determine if it's worth trying to save the tree(s) or if treatment might be helpful. Large trees require special equipment to treat properly with fungicides adequately.

The following publications will help you learn how to hire a certified arborist and will teach you about needle cast diseases: