Termites

After seeing a swarm of termites outside in the backyard, can this be a onetime episode? I had a professional inspect the inside and outside of my home. He found no evidence. Is treatment or in the ground traps necessary, or should I have the house inspected for the next few months to confirm there is no sign of termites?

Baltimore County Maryland termites swarmers

We do not recommend termite treatments or the bait system if there is no evidence of a termite infestation in your home. It is normal for termites to occur naturally in the soil and the most important preventive measures you can take to make your home inhospitable to termites are eliminating any direct contact between wood and soil and reducing moisture in and around the house. Please see our publication on termites and 'What You Can Do to Help Protect Your House'.
http://extension.umd.edu/sites/default/files/_images/programs/hgic/Publications/non_HGIC_FS/EB245_Te...