Is this a cicada? In doesn't look like Google images of one. It's in my...

Is this a cicada? In doesn't look like Google images of one. It's in my driveway, not moving. Maybe it's an abandoned shell?

Franklin County Ohio

This insect is a moth, not a cicada. I have looked at several sources and am not able to identify what exact variety of moth it is, though. You may be able to use the key at the link below to identify it since you can tell how large the moth is:
http://www.discoverlife.org/mp/20q?guide=Moth&cl=US/GA/Clarke

I hope this is helpful to you.

Thank you so much. What an interesting database. The moth opened it's wings and I got a better view of it. It is very much like "

Antheraea polyphemus" with eyes on its wings and red markings all in the right place. In fact it is just like the photo with the credit
© George Small, Moth Photographers Group · 2 . It is the biggest moth I have ever seen. Thanks for helping me identify it. My neighbors thank you too. - Martha

I thought that database was pretty exciting, too, and am so glad you are enjoying it. Responses like yours are about the best part of this project!

Have a great weekend!