Critter hole identification? Recommended response?

I noticed today a small hole in my lawn that seems to be from some critter. I have photo's that I can send by email. I will try to attach three photos I took. Can you tell me: (1) What kind of critter do you think dug this hole, and (2) what might I do to fill the hole that will most likely keep it from being used again? I heard that human hair might help. Shall I blow my shaver stubble into the whole, put some pea gravel in it, tamp down with more soil, and re-seed?

Marion County Oregon wildlife damage management vertebrate pest management horticulture

It looks like you have voles coming to dine at your place. I’m sending you the link to an OSU Extension publication that will give you more information than you ever really wanted to know about voles and gophers and the control methods for both. Meadow Voles and Pocket Gophers: Management in Lawns, Gardens, and Cropland

Good luck and maybe get a cat!