What's the cause?

I believe this is a sunflower. I used 7 dust 3 days later it rained. This morning the leaves on just these types of plants turned colors. Is this normal,burnt, or a fungus? Any info is very appreciated. Thanks

East Baton Rouge Parish Louisiana integrated pest management disease issues horticulture

Sevin dust is strictly for fleas on dogs. this could be a burn on the foliage. spray with a liquid or wettable formulation of insecticide to reducd potential for burn or phytotoxicity. do not use emulsifable formulations.

Thanks for the quick response but wouldn't it burn the other plants too? Also when I said 7 dust I was referring to 5% for lawn and garden. Pics are below. Also is that a sunflower?Sorry about that. thanks

some plants more sensetive or received a heavier dose. not all respond the same.