Native Trees susceptible to verticillium wilt?

Hi, I have 2 maple trees in my yard that have a suspected verticillium wilt infection. I would like to plant some new trees in the area (a 3000 sq ft yard back yard) and feel it would be smart to choose those that are resistant, but with my online research I am not clear which native trees in Maryland are resistant to verticillium wilt. I am curious specifically about black gum/tupelo, cedar, and crabapple as these are trees I am considering but I don't see them consistently on either the susceptible or resistant lists I've found. As the yard is small, I am seeking trees that provide nice shade cover but will not get too large for the yard. I am also curious if the treatment of using a fertilizer with ammonium sulfate is likely to have any effect (I've seen this mentioned in a few articles), and also whether it would help a new tree from getting the disease (planted 1 year ago, - it is a black gum and still healthy). If the 2 maples in my yard do decline from this disease, I will be left with no shade trees until the black gum gets larger so I would like to do what I can to stave off their demise until I can get some new trees established. Thank you! Best, Jessica

Montgomery County Maryland verticillium wilt trees maples verticillium wild resistant trees

Penn State Extension has a good list of resistant trees. It includes both crabapple and juniper (Eastern red cedar is actually a juniper.) These would be good possibilities for a small yard.

There are many other lists. If you see black gum on one, be sure it is a reliable source. Perdue University lists it as susceptible.

Ammonium sulfate is applied, not as a "medicine", but simply to keep the tree growing robustly so that it can compartmentalize (or "heal") the verticillium infection. It cannot prevent the disease or cure it.