Little bugs in my office

I have a dracaena margenata (sp?) plant in my office that I have had for over 35 years. (My mom bought it for me when I started practicing law.) I love my plant but a few months ago, I had it replanted at a local nursery and now it appears that there much have been bugs in the soil because I have bugs (little ones) flying all over my office. Is this something that the nursery could have prevented by giving me clean soil? We did call them and they suggested spraying for the bugs but I sit right next to the plant and don't know if that's a good idea. (Yikes, a bug just flew in my nose. . . . this is a bad problem!) Please help!

Hennepin County Minnesota integrated pest management houseplants household insects indoor pests fungus gnats horticulture

We can't be sure without seeing them or sharp photos, but based on your description, we believe the insects are probably fungus gnats.

This bulletin describes these pests and explains how to deal with them:
http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/insects/find/fungus-gnats/