Mountain Sentinel quaking aspen spacing

Hello! I am interested in planting mountain Sentinel quaking aspen trees for privacy. I have purchased several of these trees and I am unsure how closely they can be planted. The spread at maturity is between five and 10 feet; these are very narrow trees. Do you know if the trees will thrive if they are planted more closely them their spread diameter? For example, is it OK to plant them 5 feet apart? Or even 4 feet apart? They are currently only about 18 to 24 inches in diameter, but I know they will continue to grow! Please let me know your thoughts on this. Many thanks!

Hennepin County Minnesota trees and shrubs quaking aspen

Spacing the trees at the intervals you mentioned is acceptable.

On second thought, the stated spacing might be too tight. Assuming an eight-foot spread, the trees' branches will touch if they are planted eight feet apart. Some overlap is acceptable to achieve your purpose but planting at six or seven foot intervals might be best. The unknown is what the trees' actual spread turns out to be.