What plant is this?

I have a plant that just came up out of some compost I added to a flower bed. I have no idea what t is and I am hoping someone can tell me.
Leaves are large, 4-6 inches across. Flower blooms are also large 4 - 6 inches in diameter and bright yellow. Fruit is melon shaped with some stripes.
The vine is probably 10 - 14 feet long and crawls along the ground and has climbed up into the legustrum to a height of probably 12 feet.

Williamson County Texas fruits and vegetables

The leaves and vines in the photo look like a cantaloupe. However, the fruit looks a little different. Since your plant originated from some mulch, it is possible that the mulch contained seeds from a previous garden.

Cantaloupes can cross pollinate with other vines like Muskmelon and Casaba melons. The seeds from this cross-pollinated fruit may produce a plant that appears different than the parent plant.

How likely is this plant to be edible? Any chance that it is toxic? Thanks, Roy

It will not be toxic at all. However I can't guarantee it will taste good. It's worth a try. I'd be interested to hear what you find out.