What options do I have for improving drainage within a wooded area inside...

What options do I have for improving drainage within a wooded area inside Punderson State Park? The area is well elevated in comparison to nearby Pine Lake. I hoped to use drywells rather than numerous lengthy surface channels. I dug a test whole three and a half feet deep. It was all clay, transitioning from wet clay to a harder dryer sort at the bottom. After a rainstorm, the hole filled with water that is not draining at any appreciable rate. Do I just need to dig deeper?

Geauga County Ohio irrigation and water management drainage issues

Thank you for your question for eXtension. Please consider contacting the Cooperative Extension office closest to you. Simply go to http://articles.extension.org, drop in your zip code and choose the office that is most convenient for you.

I think somebody with more experience in your county (policies, soils, programs) will be able to assist you.