Maple tree needs attention

Asked May 16, 2016, 4:10 PM EDT

My maple tree is sick or has had a freeze crack. I'm not sure. I need someone to diagnose the problem and tell me what needs to be done. We want to save the tree if at all possible. I believe we have an Autumn Blaze Maple. Half of the tree doesn't crown. We have cut out quite a few dead branches. If the tree is too sick to treat can we donate it to the City of Greeley?

Weld County Colorado

1 Response

From the photos, this damage appears quite serious. The only way to FULLY and ACCURATELY assess the health of this tree is to have someone look at it in person. I suggest that you get a licensed arborist to look at it. Go here to find a certified arborist in your area:

It is highly unlikely that the city would be interested in obtaining this tree from your yard - especially if it is structurally unsound.