Ants in Kitchen

I have these little tiny ants coming in, it looks like, the molding around a kitchen windowsill. The only thing that kills them on contact is Windex glass cleaner, but I can't get them to stop coming in. I've removed everything from the cupboards twice and cleaned everything. I don't even know what they are going after. First the were coming in the bottom right side of the windowsill and the the left and now both. Help!

New Castle County Delaware insects household pests pests ants

One of the issues with ant management in the home is the ants will continue to be a problem unless the queen is eliminated. An efficient method to do this is to use an ant bait. Ants will bring the bait back to the colony and feed some of it to the queen. The queen dies after a few weeks (typically 6 to 8 weeks). Garden centers and box stores have these products. A perimeter application of an insecticide around the outside of your home is another way you can reduce the number of ants coming into the home. Typically a 4' wide band is sprayed around the perimeter of the home. This reduces ants that come into the home but does not kill the queen or eliminate the colony. The same stores would have these products. Caulking the window and new window screening may lower the access points the ants may have to your home also. If you do not wish to make these applications yourself there are a number of certified pest control operators available.