you said irises leaves, seed pods, roots are poisonous, but what about blooms...
All parts of the iris plant are poisonous, including stems and flowers. It is not recommended you eat any part of the iris plant.
Would like to add that if you are still alive, and have use of eyes, fingers and legs, so can still use a computer, it would be much safer to ask first, then eat. And surely the risk increases is any part of a plant is poisonous. Gardens are for enjoyment not death, so pls act accordingly.
thank you for your responses, Thank you Jesus, the stems were harmless to me, I don't mean to be a problematic person, but truly, in 2016, for me to believe where I have not been educated well, I need more than words of warning, but rather a scientific report with pictures gives substance to statements made, plant knowledge really ought to be taught in school, poisoning proof if it really exists, if extracts of this plant can be used to poison and eradicate ants around the house, it would be nice to know