Seed starting soil

Hello I have a question about starting seeds in my Greenhouse. I purchased Miracle-Gro seed-starting soil and mixed it with a little bit of an organic potting soil and only my cabbage is coming up. I planted peppers,cucumbers tomatoes, but nothing else has come up and it has been 9 days. It is plenty warm, I have watered enough but not too much. I have had success with starting seeds in the past using a Miracle Grow product that was expanding grow but I cannot find it at my local stores so now I have experimented with other soil and I am not having any success. Please help! What is the best medium to start seeds?

Indiana County Pennsylvania

I don't think the problem is the starting mix. Test the soil to make sure it's moist enough and then try covering the flat with a damp paper towel so the seeds are totally in the dark. My starter flats have a plastic lid, but you may not have that. I also use a heat mat. Remember that peppers and tomatoes are sub-tropical plants where heat makes a big difference. If they aren't warm, they won't sprout. Also, I don't know if you buried the seeds or not, but I've always laid tomato seeds on top of the mix and put the flat on a seed starter heat mat. Some people put it on top of the refrigerator where it's dark and warm. Sometimes I sprout seeds between two damp paper towels when they get balky. Since it's getting late in the season, I would try a couple methods to see what works the fastest.