flowering crab disease

My flowering crab is infested with a yellow to green fungus looking substance. In a short time it has grown over much of the branches. Don't know if this is fire blight-and if it would harm the tree to scrape off the substance and spray the tree with a vinegar solution.

Marathon County Wisconsin trees and shrubs crabapple trees

This sounds very strange. Can you please send some good quality photos of the branches that are affected?

Don't scrape the growths (you could simply be releasing spores into the surrounding air) and don't use vinegar - under any circumstances.

I'll await your photos.

Here are the photos you requested. I had already scraped off some of substance prior to contacting you. Susan

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry but the photo you sent was very blurry. It sees as if you'd moved the camera as you took the photo.

All I can see is some blurry greenish and whitish growths with not enough definition to diagnose.

The good news is that this is not a sign of Fire Blight.
http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/fruit/apple-pest-management/fire-blight/

The uncertain news is why this growth is appearing on your trees. It may be entirely benign, or it could be a sign of something more dire.

Please send some good resolution photos and we will try again.