Help for my sister

Asked May 10, 2016, 1:34 PM EDT

My sister lives in a home which is financed by FmHA. Her husband was put in a facility for Alzheimer patients. She kept him at home for as long as she could because she knew she would lose his income. Now she is living on $600 a month and her house payment is $500 a month. She is willing to move into an apartment, but where? She wants to stay in Mt. Washington, Ky. What do you suggest she do?

Bullitt County Kentucky

1 Response

There are several national resources that might be able to assist you with managing your finances during times of financial distress. The HOPE NOW Alliance includes a number of credit counseling organizations that provide credit counseling, debt management, and foreclosure prevention counseling services. To find a HOPE NOW credit counselor in your area, see Another national resource with local connections is 211. Either call this number or go to Individuals calling 211 are able to speak to a trained information and referral specialist to find out about specific community resources in their area. Another source of information about community services and public benefits is your local Family Services (also called Social Services) office.