Autumn blooming cherry trees

I was looking for a flowing tree to plant in my yard and I came across autumn blooming cherry trees for sale in Omaha. They are beautiful but I don't know if they would survive in our cold winters. I live in St. Paul, Minnesota. Could you please let me know your thoughts? It would be greatly appreciated!

Minnesota fruit trees cherry trees

Thank you for the question. While we are not experts in outdoor trees and plants beyond our horticultural zones, we doubt that such a tree would flower in the fall here. A quick search reveals that some fruit trees might bloom twice in warm climates. You would be better served by choosing trees and plants hardy to your growing zone. For more specific information, please submit your question again including the common and Latin names of the tree.

This publication might be helpful: http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/fruit/stone-fruit-for-minnesota-gardens/

Thank you for contacting Extension.