Using Human waste to Fertilize

Asked May 8, 2016, 10:35 PM EDT

I have been trying to contact Kleberg County in Kingsville to ask about their program for providing human waste as fertilizer but have not gotten any results. Can you help?

Kleberg County Texas

1 Response

The Extension Service does not handle human waste issues. They can provide soil sample information and help you collect samples to send off to the lab for nutrient analysis. The recommendation is to work with a professional engineer and have them guide you through the EPA/TCEQ guidelines as you develop your plans.