Meth Lab Identification

Is there a way to test for whether or not a home has been used as a meth lab? If there aren't any obvious signs, could there still be leftover toxic chemicals if meth was manufactured in a home? If I am buying a home, I would like to be sure that meth was not manufactured there. Is there a way to do that?

human health healthy homes

Thank you for your question for eXtension. The topic area in which you've made a request is not yet fully staffed by eXtension experts and therefore we cannot provide you with a timely answer. Instead, if you live in the United States, please consider contacting the Cooperative Extension office closest to you. Simply go to http://articles.extension.org, drop in your zip code and choose the office that is most convenient for you. We apologize that we can't help you right now, but please come back to eXtension to check in as we grow and add experts.

While we do not have this expertise, I found that many analytical labs have a testing protocol. If you search for "meth lab test kits", lots of resources are available. Watch the online evaluations and ratings. Ask for referrals.