What kind of plant is this?

This is a plant that was given to me in a small bowl terrarium, and is growing so well that ithe is trailing outside of the bowl. I would like to know what it is and if it should be removed and transplanted.

Alameda County California

This popular plant for terrariums is Pilea depressa 'Baby Tears'. You can clip it a few leaves above the base, inside the terrarium and side-growth will fill in. Or, you could transplant it and keep as a general houseplant. Or both: root cuttings from the top part and leave the current plant in the container to grow side-shoots. Eventually it will get too large, as many terrarium plants do.
Here is a good article on general information and includes a list of good plants for terrariums if you get ready to re-plant yours. "Terrariums" G6520 from University of Missouri Extension Service: http://extension.missouri.edu/p/G6520

Thanks so much for your help! I'm new to gardening of any kind and never could grow anything until I retired recently. Now I'm growing all sorts of plants and getting excited. So afraid to transplant, though, that I might kill them. I'll check out the link you sent.

I hope you enjoy the plants, and don't fear death. Even the most experienced gardener has plants die. Sometimes because of a mistake, yet often just because nature isn't 100% predictable and plants don't always "read the rules".