Short, wide evergreen question

I am looking for an evergreen min. 3'wide, that is no shorter then 4' no taller then 10' or should be good to prune to 8' hight. Area is sunny southern exposure, wet. Need to cover air conditioners. Also I don't burlap them in the winter so should be low maintenance. It should not damage my basement foundation. Thank you very much!

Minnesota evergreen shrubs

Thank you for the question. Some of the arborvitae, spreading yew, or juniper shrubs might do well. Here is a list from our publication "Choosing Landscape Evergreens" http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/trees-shrubs/choosing-landscape-evergreens/#some-to-consider. Pick ones that meet your requirements and do an internet search to see what you like. You don't mention what county you are from so be sure to pick shrubs from the horticultural zone appropriate to your area. Another concern is the air conditioner fan. It might create some stress for newly planted shrubs so locate them as far from the AC unit as you can.

Thank you for contacting Extension.