find retail plant outlets

I'm reading Dr. Mary H. Meyer's "Ornamental Grasses for Cold Climates" and am having trouble finding a nursery that sells Miscanthus Purpurascens, Flamingo and Herkules and am also looking for carex flacca (carnation sedge, blue sedge). Can you point me to a supplier of these grasses? Thanks

Hennepin County Minnesota ornamental grasses

It is a little early to be looking for these varieties. Miscanthus needs warm soil in order to being growing. If you wait a few weeks you will have better luck. There are miscanthus that have the same plume and turn color in the fall. Sedges also will be available around that time. Rather than concentrating on the latin name, take a look at the grasses available in full service garden centers/nurseries and read the descriptions. You probably will find what you are looking for. You can save time by calling ahead and asking if they have a good selection or ornamental grasses.