Sterile Amaryllis?

I've become interested in Amaryllis over the last couple years. I've polinated some flowers and am growing the seeds. This year, I got a new bloom. The flower is beautiful, but I've noticed that the stigma has grown and opened the same as all my others. The difference is that Anthers have grown, but are dry brown. There is no pollen with which to fertilize the flower. Is this common? I have some large red flowers on another plant - can I cross them? Might I get something like this original? Is the best way to duplicate this flower splitting the bulb? I have some growing in pots outside under my orange tree. Others are in the ground in an area that only gets morning sun. Thank you very much for any advice you can offer.

Los Angeles County California perennial flowers pollination horticulture

The following answer to your question on vegetative amaryllis propagation was taken from gardenweb.com

Try slicing the bulb lengthwise into four quarters. You need to make sure that there is a portion of the basal plate on each section. Then, plant each section in a well drained media. Keep dry. After several months, you should be able to dig around and see a new bulb or bulbs forming upon the basal plate. Allow this to grow for a while. Eventually as the bulb takes on some size you can pot it into a larger container.