Plant identification

Is this an anthrium plant? It normally has red (I'm assuming they are) flowers as well as the green ones. (They are shiney and kind of look like leaves though.) It is dying and I don't know what to do to take care of it. The lady at the grocery store my boyfriend bought it from said it is really easy to take care of and it only needs water once a week.

Los Angeles County California plant disease plant identification

Looks like an anthurium. Based on what I see with the drooping and die back, I believe the plant has been overwatered. These plants are susceptible to root rot in constantly wet soils. Only water when soil is dry to touch. Make sure pot has drainage hole. If not, this may be part of the problem and it may be a good idea to re-pot with appropriate potting mix for anthurium. The plant may recover if the soil is allowed to dry somewhat (but not so much the plant wilts) between watering. These plants also do not tolerate much direct sun.