pasture managment

I have a small farm on which we keep horses. We have used pasture rotation to keep a good stand of grass and occasional spraying to keep weeds from taking over. This spring we fertilized for the first time in many years with 40-0-0. the grass took off but so did the clover. We had sprayed last spring twice with NuFarm Weedar 64 which did not seem to do anything. We really must get rid of the clover, daisy, cats ears,and queen ann's lace. They are all toxic at times except for the daisy. Because of the clover I have horses showing toxicity, (hyper-salivation and hoof tenderness even with only 3 hours of early morning turnout) Tansy is minimal but also needs to be removed. What product might be most useful. to clear the fields? Should I mow the fields before spraying?

Clackamas County Oregon livestock toxic plants horticulture

Can you tell me what the Weedar 64 product has for active herbicide ingredients? You can email to: gene.pirelli@oregonstate.edu

Weedar 64 2, 4-Dichlorophenoxyacetic acid, dimethylamine salt 46.8%

See my emails for replies