Tent caterpillar invasion

I have an inordinate amount of these. I appear to be the only one in my Baltimore County neighborhood with them. They've taken over one huge maple tree completely. I know they spread and keep multiplying. I called Dept. of Agriculture for my County but as usual they are too busy to help County residents. I need help and direction before they proliferate more. I would like some direction for safest disposal, and or who in my area is reliable and not be taken to the cleaners for this help.

Baltimore County Maryland insects tent caterpillar

This year has been a big year for the eastern tent caterpillars and numbers are up. They are common pests of wild cherry trees and are prevalent in landscapes now. They do not feed on maple. You may have forest tent caterpillar which occasionally feeds on maples. This feeding will not hurt the trees. See our website for photos and control information. If not send us photos of what you are noticing.
http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/eastern-tent-caterpillar-trees

You can use a long pole to break up the nest and let the birds eat them for.