Kiwi Pruning Anna Hardy

Good morning,
I planted an Anna Hardy Kiwi as well as a male last year (2015). I am in NY. I constructed a trellis and the plants really grew well. Both reached the center wire on the 6' high trellis and ran approximately another 6'.There are also several 'trunks', should I aim to have only one?
It is now 4/26/16 and I have not done any dormant pruning. I am not sure what to do at this point?
Any pruning suggestions?
Thank you,
Ian

Westchester County New York

I'm not an expert on hardy Kiwi, but I note that we do have information on it at Cornell online:
http://www.fruit.cornell.edu/mfruit/kiwifruit.html

It sounds like you are in year 2 of the planting. Long term, you should aim to have one or two trunks with the lateral arms running down the trellis wires.
Here's what I found in our bulletin, and what I feel should be a good overlal guide for your backyard planting:

Copied from: http://www.fruit.cornell.edu/mfruit/kiwifruit.html
Trellising
Kiwifruit require a trellis or other support structure. Set trellis posts 10 feet apart. Trellis wire should have 300 pounds of tension. Kiwifruit trellises are usually in the shape of a T, with the cross-arm about 7 ft. off the ground, and about 7 wires across the 5-foot-long crossarm. Train the main cane up the pole to the height of the cross-arm, then train arms along the center wire. Laterals grow from these arms and can be tied to the outside wires. (Fastening them can help keep them from breaking off, especially on windy sites.) The fruit hang down through the trellis wires where they are easy to harvest.

Pruning and mulching
Pruning is necessary both during the dormant season and during the growing season. Two or three times during summer, cut non-flowering laterals back to the outside wire on the trellis. Trim flowering shoots back to 4 to 6 leaves beyond the last flower. In the dormant -season, remove canes that fruited last season, as well as dead, diseased or tangled cane. Keep the best one-year-old lateral canes that haven't fruited, spaced about a foot apart along the arms. Trim them back to about eight buds. Plants benefit from a thick layer of organic mulch, which helps control weeds, adds organic matter to the soil, and aids in moisture retention. Protect the trunks of young vines from cracking in cold temperatures by wrapping them with cloth or painting them with white latex paint.

Good luck.