Wild rose sucker eradication in a lawn

What is the best way to eradicate wild rose suckers? The original shrub was located in a small dirt garden in a lawn. The homeowner doesn't want to keep the shrub and has attempted to dig it out. The suckers or runners are radiating outward from the original spot and are invading their lawn and the neighbors lawn. Will mowing kill them off eventually? If I chop the suckers off at their root will that eventually stop them from spreading?

eventually?

Ramsey County Minnesota roses invasive plants

They can become quite aggressive. Continuing to dig them is a good method but I would think you could try a broadleaf weed killer or glyphosate if you are willing to lose some grass. It is possible that if they are continually cut off with the mower that they will weaken and die but they are pretty tough. I would try the broadleaf product but make sure that you follow the label directions and it usually works best with warmer temps. You may need to make more than one application.