gpg states it is writing an encrypted file but doesn't

I am on a Linux server. During a gpg encryption process, the log file states the gpg is writing to a gpg-suffix file (gives the full path name to the file), but when the process is over with, there is no such encrypted file in the directory. Contiguous lines in the log state, "reading from" naming the source file with full path name, and is followed by "writing to" with the full path name of the same file with a .gpg suffix. Rights to the directory are wide open, 777, and the owner of the directory is the same as executes the gpg process. I do not understand why such a misleading message is being generated.

Williamson County Tennessee

Thank you for your question for eXtension. The topic area in which you've made a request is not yet fully staffed by eXtension experts and therefore we cannot provide you with a timely answer.

Sorry.