Power Post Beetle Infestation

Hi there, I was hoping that you could answer a question I had regarding a powder post beetle infestation in the ash hardwood flooring in my home. I have had several flooring planks which have likely been infested since the home was built in 2008 however I just recently identified the pest responsible. I am now in the process of replacing the infested flooring planks and removing any known to be infested planks from my home, Once I remove the infested wood, I have been braking the flooring planks apart to inspect them once I have removed them form my home. The planks break apart very easily as they have a lot of frass tunnels but I have noticed that I have yet to come across any beetle larvae in the infested wood. I have found several live adult beetles in the infested wood but that is it. So anyway I was wondering if you could tell me why the infested wood doesn't have any larvae. I was wondering if this might be due to the wood continuing to age and lose starch content and moisture and therefore becoming less suitable for the infestation. Thanks in advance for your help.

Outside United States home ipm powder post beetles

Sounds like the infestation is inactive and the larvae have all pupated and become adults, or have died. See http://www.livingwithbugs.com/powderpost_beetles.html for some general background and control info about these beetles. The infestation likely died out within a few years after installation for the reasons you mention leaving behind the damage and frass. What you are doing is correct and if you plan to replace the floor with new wood flooring you might consider treating the new wood with a borate preservative as described in the page cited above.