Asked April 23, 2016, 2:50 AM EDT

What is this and how to get rid of it please?

Outside United States

1 Response

Based on your photo the insect looks like a large scale insect. Scale is a sucking insect that sucks sap and exudes a honeydew as they feed. This can foster the growth of a black sooty mold. To treat for scale you will have to wait for the crawlers to hatch and then treat. Wrap some of the stems with double sided sticky tape and monitor for crawlers. See our website for more information and photos.
You will have to contact your local extension as we cannot make pesticide recommendations across state lines and outside the US. mh