Asked April 22, 2016, 6:24 PM EDT

a young medical assistant who works at my physician' office will soon be leaving to continue with her graduate studies. She has been very professional and I have enjoyed knowing her.

I am in my late sixties and married.

Is there anything else other than wishing her well I can do for her?

Los Angeles County California

3 Responses

Thanks for your question. If I am understanding correctly, you are a patient at a facility where you have appreciated the help of an excellent medical assistant. In this case, it would probably be best to verbally wish her well or at most give her a thank you card. Doing any more than this may seem too personal and organizations often have rules and limitations on receiving any kinds of gifts and could create an unintentionally awkward situation for her.
On the other hand, if you were a co-worker to this individual then it would be more appropriate to encourage a group gift or something similar to wish her well.
Regardless, it is kind of you to want to wish her well and I am sure she will appreciate any gesture of kindness, even if it is a verbal thank you.

Hi Naomi B

thank you for your response.

It made sense.

thank you again. Isaac Y