non-lawn domestic yard options

I have recently moved to Lawrenceburg (within city limits) and purchased a home with approximately .25 acres of plantable land. I don't particularly care for grass as a large scale ground cover. Are there any options? Is it possible to replace the grass without pulling up the sod? I am also interested in planting several dwarf fruit trees in the back section of my yard. Which are the most suited to the local environment, and when should they be planted? Is it possible to plant clover around the trees to provide nitrogen? Also, I am new to Kentucky in general. Are there invasive species that I should be aware of?

Anderson County Kentucky

Hello. Thank you for your question. In order for us to answer your question, we will need additional information. Please contact the Anderson County Extension office at the address below.

Tommy Yankey
tyankey@uky.edu
Anderson County Office
1026 County Park Road
Lawrenceburg, KY 40342-1235
Phone: (502) 839-7271