Easter Tulips

I purchased a pot of beautiful tulips for Easter. It was outside getting sunshine during the day and accidentally got left out one night when we got a freeze. The blooms were falling off by then but after the freeze the leaves have slowly turned yellow and wilted. Are these bulbs worth saving? If I cut the yellow leaves off and keep them in the pot (or plant them?) do you think they will come back to life next year? I've done some reading and gotten mixed answers. Thank you in advance.

Washington County Maryland bulbs flowers tulips easter tulips

It's really impossible to say because you don't know the variety of tulip you have. Most tulips nowadays are bred to produce flowers for one or two seasons. After that, foliage comes up but no flowers. There are "perennial" tulips that produce flowers for several years, but its not likely they would be used in potted Easter plants. You can plant yours outside on the chance you'll get another flowering season, but don't set your heart on it.

Thank you, that is very helpful. I'll plant a quality replacement to be safe. Maybe I can pull it off.