Emerald Ash borer

Hello! I was told by an aborist last summer that one of my 3 ash trees had signs of the borer. Because the expense of treating this young tree, 15" circumference, outweighed the cost of the tree, I opted to treat it with 12 mo Bayer Tree and Shrub Protect and Feed concentrate. Followed the directions, pulled all the tanbark away from the trunk and poured the mixed solution around the trunk base. The tree was in bloom, all was well. This spring I note the trunk is light tan, maybe from dirt splashing up the truck and drying or something fungal? I note 2 very round holes and split bark. The other 2 trees, one approximately 50 ft apart, the other 100 feet apart, show none of these signs. The second tree has a slight tinge of dirt splash or fungus at the base. I've read Bayer should be applied in late April, early May for our area. Should I retreat with the Bayer, let the tree alone, or what do u suggest? Appreciate your direction. Photos taken today are attached.

Cumberland County Pennsylvania

The first thing to do is be sure it's Emerald Ash Borer and not a different borer. Emerald Ash Borer is a serious problem and kills the tree very quickly. Here is a publication that can help you identify EAB. Here is a link to a Penn State publication on treatment. The main giveaway is the D shaped hole the larvae leaves as it bores into the tree. If you can find one of the larvae, take it to your local Penn State extension for positive identification.