Hello! I have a blueray blueberry bush that I planted last spring. It did...

Hello! I have a blueray blueberry bush that I planted last spring. It did very well during the summer but had maybe 25% die off during the winter. This spring, after waiting until it was obvious which portions were still living, I pruned off the dead wood. After an hour or so, water droplets started dripping out of the cut end of the branches. I noticed that an apparently insoluble milky residue was mixed with the water. The next day I took these photos. The residue had dried into a white crust that has coated the branches. The bush seems to be doing well other than the winter injury and this white crust. My question is, what is the white substance? Is it some kind of fungus or mildew? Could it be related to the winter injury?

Salt Lake County Utah blueberry diseases

I don't know what it is. I am pretty sure it is not a problem only a curiosity. I had a grower send me a picture of the same thing several years ago. It rubbed off and also washed off. Caused no damage apparently it is not a pathogen. When I got there to look at it it was gone. My guess it is some mineral residue from the sap that ran out the cut before the xylem vessels plugged.