Moth

i found a moth with the under wings yellow and the top black. I rated the caterpillar by giving it spinach and it made its cocoon under ground. I suspect its a type of cut worm but still not sure. I found it on the road curled up in a ball. It was brown with little black spects on it. Can you plz tell me what species it is and how to take care of the moth? :D

Monmouth County New Jersey insects moths

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to make an identification based on your description. If you can send a photograph of your moth, that would be a big help. You can attach it to your reply to this message or send it to me at jim_burke@ncsu.edu

Jim

Jim

ok i will try to later thanks

Okay, I'll watch for your photo.

Jim