Horse manure problem

Hello Ms. Reamer, My name is Paul Spohr, we reside atflat rock Michigan 48134. I have a background in equine management and in the past been in charge of over 100 head. We never had a manure problem, smell or flies as we spread the manure in the hayfields. We have a neighbor who operates a boarding stable,the previous owner no problems. We have new owners and they store manure next to the barn all year round, I understand in the winter but in the spring and summer it remains. Is this in violation of any laws? My other neighbors home is 100 feet from the storage, and most times their livestock are standing in paddocks that are always muddy and wet. Is there someone we can turn to? With the coming summer months we are dreading the smell, flys and mosquitoes. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated Sincerely, Paul Spohr paulspohr@gmail.com

Monroe County Michigan

Hi Mr. Spohr,

I am responding to your equine manure management question. Please call me at 616-994-4547 at your earliest convenience and let's talk about your options.

All the best,