I want to start a 4-H club in my area, what are the requirements?

Franklin County Ohio

Thank you for your interest in Franklin County 4-H! We're so glad you are interested in starting a new club. The first step in starting a new club is to become a screened volunteer for Ohio 4-H. You can find information on the six step process to becoming a 4-H volunteer here: http://franklin.osu.edu/program-areas/4-h-youth-development/join-4-h/become-volunteerclub-advisor

Once you are an approved volunteer, you can start your club but it's best to begin your club in the fall or early winter. At this point in the year, it is much too late to get started. So this is a great time to get started on the volunteer screening process! That way you'll be all ready to get your club started in August or September.

If you'd like a copy of our guidelines for starting a new 4-H club, I invite you to email me at boomershine.10@osu.edu so that I can email it to you as an attachment.

Thank you for your interest!
Sincerely,
Beth